Maximize content re-use and publish content to multiple outputs with Flare’s advanced authoring capabilities. Ease of use combined with unmatched versatility makes Flare a powerful authoring and publishing engine for any documentation team.
<A Modern UI Complete with a Patented XML Editor for Advanced Content Authoring>
Flare’s modern user interface comes packed with features, including a patented XML Editor. A completely customizable interface makes authoring personalized and efficient.
<Topic-based Authoring to Manage and Assemble Content>
Topic-based authoring is a modular content creation approach that supports XML content reuse, content management, and makes the dynamic assembly of personalized information possible.
Save time and money by creating intelligent, topic-based content that can be customized and used to create different variations of outputs for different audiences and users, such as:
- Beginner and Advanced Guides - Policy and Procedure Manuals (based on city, region or country) - Employee Handbooks (Exempt and Non-Exempt, Full-Time and Part-Time) - Administrative and Programmer Guides - Getting Started and Quick Start Guides
<Advanced Multi-channel Publishing with Responsive HTML5 Output and More>
Ensure your content is accessible to your end users, wherever they are, and however they prefer to consume your content.
- Supported Formats Publish your content to popular formats including HTML5, PDF, Microsoft Word, Clean XHTML, EPUB, DITA and Eclipse Help; as well as legacy output types such as WebHelp and FrameMaker.
- Fully Responsive Websites Flare utilizes responsive web design that automatically adjusts the display of your content depending on the device.
- User-Friendly Web Design Create stunning HTML5 web content that is user-friendly, easy to navigate and visually impressive for your end users.
- Page Layout Support for High-end Print Flare offers advanced capabilities for high-end print publishing needs, including CMYK support, OpenType Fonts, vector graphic support and more.
- Repurpose Content Anywhere Repurpose and publish content to other platforms such as Salesforce using the Salesforce Connect plugin and Clean XHTML output.
<Adaptable Platform for a Rich Variety of Content and Document Types>
Flare’s publishing versatility is unmatched: Content developers, from technical writers and documentation managers to eLearning specialists and instructional designers, can create and manage a rich variety of content from a single application.
<Robust Import Capabilities to Leverage Existing Content>
Flare makes it easy to import a wide range of file types into your new XML-based authoring environment. Migrate legacy content with easy import of Microsoft Word, Adobe RoboHelp and FrameMaker, DITA, Author-It, XHTML, HTML, CHM, and many more. Import content from other applications directly into Flare.
<Built-in Project Templates to Create Professional Print, Online and Mobile Content in Minutes>
With 20 pre-installed project templates - and a growing library of new modern responsive top navigation templates - you can publish gorgeous web and print-based outputs in minutes. Create stunning, professionally designed print brochures and books, online Help systems, knowledge bases, support sites, eBooks, and more without the need for any additional CSS development or creative resources.
<Streamlined Team Collaboration, Including Contribution and Review in the Cloud>
With a streamlined approach to team collaboration, Flare provides workflows designed to make your content development smooth and efficient.
<Open Standards-based Architecture for Flexible and Future-proof Content>
With Flare, you will never be locked into a proprietary system. Flare is built on open standards with support for XML, CSS, and HTML, all designed to keep your content completely open, transparent and accessible.